1. Have a programmable thermostat installed to save money and keep your house comfortable in winter and summer.
2. Use compact fluorescent or LED light bulbs.
3. Clean or replace furnace filters regularly.
4. Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use. Turn off lights in rooms and TVs and other electronics.
5. Lower the thermostat o your hot water heater to 120° F or “low.” Take short showers instead of baths. Install shower and faucet aerators.
6. Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes. Wash clothes in cold water.
7. Look for the ENERGY STAR label on home appliances and products.
8. Set the freezer temperature at 0° F and refrigerator at 40° F.